Nothing signals the arrival of spring in Louisiana quite like the ponchatoula strawberry festival! Every year a vibrant celebration is filled with music, rides, and fun that will have you and your family running back for more. So mark your calendars and join the festivities – the Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival is the perfect way to welcome the warm weather!
1. Ready to Start Your Spring in Ponchatoula?
It’s officially that time of the year–spring is just around the corner! Spring in Ponchatoula, Louisiana, promises fresh blooms, refreshing days, and plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy. There’s no better time than now to enjoy all that this vibrant community has to offer!
One great way to start off the spring season is to explore the many unique parks that Ponchatoula has to offer. From lush gardens adorned with azaleas, camellias, and magnolias to off-beaten trails, Ponchatoula’s parks offer a variety of leisure activities for outdoor enthusiasts. Take a leisurely stroll along the trails, and enjoy the colorful spring blooms!
If you’re looking for a fun day out with friends and family, Ponchatoula also offers plenty of dining and nightlife options. From cozy cafes to lively pubs, there’s something for everyone. And for foodies, delicious local favorites like gumbo and po’boys are must-try foods to savor!
Not to mention, Ponchatoula’s Farmer’s Market is a great place to get fresh seasonal produce, handmade crafts, jewelry, and other items. On the first Saturday of each month, the market offers a unique opportunity for visitors to experience the local culture and sample local fare.
2. The Great Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival: A Delicious Reason to Visit
Once a year, on a special weekend in May, thousands gather from all over Louisiana to celebrate the sweet succulence of Ponchatoula strawberries at the world-famous Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival. There’s something for everyone, from the foodie to the family.
- If you are a foodie, you’ll love the plethora of delicious options sure to tantalize your taste buds. From strawberry daiquiris to jambalaya with strawberries, there’s no shortage of inventive dishes crafted by talented local chefs. For the more adventurous gourmands, why not give strawberry poutine, gumbo, or shrimp a try?
- Visitors looking for traditional fair favourites also have endless options. Fried strawberry pies, strawberry funnel cakes, strawberry sweet tea, and many more fried delights await.
- If you’re traveling with your family, there are plenty of attractions to keep the kids entertained. Pony rides, live music, carnival games, street performers, and great merchandise abound. With a wide selection of strawberries and related products, you can also bring a sweet taste of the festival home with you.
- The Great Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival provides a unique opportunity to celebrate a beloved fruit, all while enjoying some of the best music, food, and shopping Louisiana has to offer. So if you find yourself in search of the perfect festival getaway, make sure you make it a Priority to visit Ponchatoula!
Important Note: The Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival will be complying with all safety guidelines related to coronavirus (COVID-19) for 2021.
3. Here’s Everything You Need to Know
When taking on a new DIY project, it’s essential to have the right tools and materials. Make sure you have hammer, nails, drill, screws, saws, wood, and nails to ensure you finish your project safely and correctly. Lastly, you may need a level to ensure you get your construction done as accurately as possible.
Be aware of your surroundings, as well as the dangers of any construction project. Wear safety glasses and gloves, keep breakable items away, and cover any sharp or dangerous edges. Don’t attempt a large project when you’re alone. Lastly, turn off any power tools when taking a break.
If you don’t know how to take on a task, don’t be afraid to ask for help or look for instructions. You may find inspiration online, or in a DIY book. Be sure to have multiples sources for any instructions, as well as a clear understanding of what you need to do before you get started.
Timeline & Cleanup
Establish a timeline for what tasks you should take on each day or week. Make sure to leave some wiggle room for any delays that may occur. And, at the end of the project, pick up any mess you’ve made – clear the way, sweep up the floor, and properly dispose of any material you don’t plan to reuse.
- Safety Practices
- Timeline & Cleanup
4. Mark Your Calendar for the 2020 Strawberry Festival
Get ready for a day of strawberry-flavored fun! The 2020 Strawberry Festival is set to take place on Saturday, May 16th and is sure to be the highlight of your summer. Whether you’re a strawberry enthusiast or just looking for a unique way to spend your weekend, the festival has something for everyone.
Festival Activities Include:
- Strawberry-picking contests
- Live Strawberry Cooking Show
- Strawberry-themed Art Exhibits
- Strawberry-flavored Desserts and Treats
- Strawberry-centric Music Performances
- Strawberry-themed Merchandise
Come join us for the 2020 Strawberry Festival and get ready for an adventure that’s simply jam-packed with strawberry goodness. Explore our incredible selection of festival activities, including activities for all ages. Whether you’re looking to taste freshly-picked strawberries, take home your own unique creation inspired by the evocative art displays, or simply enjoy some strawberry-centric live music, the opportunities to be inspired are abundant.
Don’t Miss Out! Make sure to mark your calendar for Saturday, May 16th and enjoy a day of strawberry goodness with us.
5. Making the Most of Your Visit: Tips and Tricks
No matter the scope of your travels, there are always things you can do to make the most of it. Here are some tips and tricks to consider for when you go on a visit to ensure that you get the most out of your experience.
Seek out local culture. Stepping out into the atmosphere of a new place is part of the fun. There is simply no substitute for experiencing a culture directly. From singing in a local choir, participating in an outdoor market, or strolling through town, life in a new place is full of surprises and discoveries.
Plan ahead. You can make your travels more efficient by doing a little goal-setting. Know the spots you want to visit, find out the best routes for getting around, work out what kind of amenities you need, and figure out the cost of any tickets or passes. Doing the legwork ahead of time means you can get through more and make the best use of your time.
Take pictures. What better way to capture the memory of your travels than with photos. They don’t have to be professional level, either—just collect as many picturesque moments as you can so that you can look back fondly when you get home. Who knows, maybe you’ll even get the perfect shot for your next postcard.
- Enlist local friends to show you the ropes
- Pack light and wear comfortable shoes to make it easy to move around
- Take your time—there is nothing wrong with taking a leisurely pace
- Follow up with postcards
6. Historic Downtown Ponchatoula: Where History Meets Fun
Step back in time at Historic Downtown Ponchatoula
Explore the sights, sounds, and quaint shop fronts of Historic Downtown Ponchatoula. Located just an hour from New Orleans, the town of Ponchatoula has been carefully preserved to honor its rich history. You’ll find yourself in a time warp as you stroll the beautiful streets, lined with vibrant storefronts and lovely cafes.
Shop around for antiques, vintage goods, art, and specialty items at the shops surrounding the Historic Downtown Square. From spare trinkets to grand treasures, these stores will take you back in time and add a touch of rustic charm to your home. If you’re feeling peckish, stop for a bite at one of the many local eateries. Delight in classic Louisiana-style dishes seared with Cajun and Creole flavors.
Lost in the mix of buildings, you’ll also discover the Ponchatoula Historical Museum. Here, you can find artifacts, photos, and documents from the area’s history and learn about its roots. End off your journey with a ride on the town trolley mini-train, which travels around the city adding a little fun to your historic tour.
- Shop the Historic Downtown Square’s stores
- Taste the local flavors
- Visit the Ponchatoula Historical Museum
- Hop on the town trolley mini-train
7. Strawberries, Music, and Fun – You Don’t Want to Miss the Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival!
If you’re looking for some fun this season, the Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival has something for everyone! Situated in the pretty town of Ponchatoula, Louisiana, the festival is a must-attend event.
Delicious strawberries, of course, are one of the highlights of this festival. But that’s not all! There are also live music acts playing all through the day – you’ll be spoilt for choice of music, with every genre being catered for. Festival-goers can also enjoy:
- Carnival rides, giving everyone a chance to get their adrenaline pumping!
- Games, such as bowling, that come with rewards like food and drinks.
- Retail stalls, filled with handmade crafts that make for perfect souvenirs.
The Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival really is a family-friendly event. The day ends with a bang, with a stunning fireworks show that will leave everyone mesmerised. So head to Ponchatoula for a day out that will sure leave you with wonderful memories.
The Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival is sure to be a memorable and delicious experience! With fun attractions, tasty refreshments, and amazing entertainment, you’ll find plenty of reasons to mark your calendar and make a visit anytime between April to May. From the savory strawberry shortcakes to the vibrant culture of the area, the city of Ponchatoula has plenty of surprises that will tantalize the taste buds and make for an unforgettable and sweet adventure!