Should I Pee Out Of My Deer Stand?
Many hunters have asked themselves this question, and there is no definite answer. It really comes down to personal preference and the type of hunting you are engaging in. There are advantages and disadvantages to both urinating in the deer stand or out of it.
Pros of Peeing Out of the Deer Stand
- Scent: Urinating outside of the stand can reduce your scent in the stand. The hope is that this will help keep the deer from smelling you and keeps them around longer.
- Convenience: It can be tricky and uncomfortable to pee while sitting in a small stand, so urinating outside of the stand can be more convenient.
- Less Risk: If a deer were to smell your scent, they might end up spotting you if you were urinating in your stand.
Cons of Peeing Out of the Deer Stand
- Scent: While it may help reduce your scent in the stand, the odor of your urine can attract deer to the area and alert them to potential danger.
- Time and Movement: Getting in and out of your stand takes time and can alert deer to your presence.
- Trace Amounts: Even if you are urinating outside, trace amounts can remain in your stand, making deer aware of your presence.
At the end of the day, it all comes down to what works best for you. Most hunters choose to urinate out of the stand for convenience and to reduce smell. However, it is still important to take other scent reduction measures to ensure you stay hidden from the deer.